Sunday, March 4, 2012

Stop the Cycle of Obesity




This is a very powerful video about the influence of parental control on obesity in children who become obese adults.

When I was a kid food was love to my mother. When she wanted to make me happy she made cookies or some other kind of favourite food. I love food but interesting that when I was a kid I was picky and didn't like everything but my mother always wanted me to eat stuff. Not always healthy but she really didn't know any better.

Parents need to be educated. When kids are small they have no control over what they eat other than to refuse eating things they don't like. Parents need to be educated on nutrition and the importance of giving your children the best foods to give them a healthy start in life.

My parents were hard working people with not a lot of money and not a lot of time to spend with my brother and I except at dinner times. Family time was usually spent involving food. I wonder if things would have been different if the focus was on healthy food and activity. I guess I will never know now that they are both gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post Spam links in this comments section they will be deleted.