Monday, June 11, 2012

Saurauren Farmer's Market



Now that it's Summer Farmer's Market Season I am trying to check out some markets I have never been to.  I want to see if there are unique vendors and different things at different markets.  I recently checked out this Farmer's Market on Saurauren.  It was a very small market in a local park.  About a dozen vendors.  By the time I got there it was late in the day and it was the first one of the season so I don't think all the vendors were there.   The first think I hit was the Hooked vendor.  A friend of mine had mentioned Hooked so I wanted to try it.  I had the fish tacos.  It was delicious and had a really fresh taste.  Only thing was that I literally had to stand on the grass and squeeze out the liquid so that it wouldn't fall apart.   Liquid kills tacos.

I also picked up the last bunch of mint from a vendor for $2.  I think I made her day... she was able to go home early.   The other thing I picked up was some Brick Bakery Bread.  I have to say that when I got it home and tried it I loved it.  No comparison to the supermarket breads.   One of my new bread obsession's is Fred's Bread, especially the cheese bread.  It has great flavour and has the crunchy exterior and soft interior.  That's the way I like it.    The only other thing I tried at the market was the maple donuts from LPK.    I have had them before.

This market is a bit out of the way for me but I may try and go there one more time before the season is over to see if there are any other vendors that I may have missed.

The one thing about Farmer's Markets is that they are unpredictable.   So if you like to explore it's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post Spam links in this comments section they will be deleted.