Monday, July 22, 2013

Jamie Oliver's Revolution against McDonald's Pink Slime processing



Jamie Oliver has been on a Revolution to get rid of dangerous processed food and this is why. This is also why I became one of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution Day Ambassador's.

I like the taste of McDonald's food unfortunately but every time I cave and eat it I feel disgusted with myself because I know better. The answer is what Jamie is doing, trying to get McDonald's to change their formulas back to the real food it was started with. A hamburger once in a while isn't going to kill you but if you eat these pink slime burgers and the GMO fries all the time it will.

Trying to figure out what to eat unless you grow it yourself is becoming tricky these days with all the hidden secrets in the food world. Jamie is trying to educate us so that we can make informed decisions about what we eat.

Really the only safe way to eat a burger is to get fresh beef from a reputable butcher and grind it yourself. But how many people are doing that these days? Yup.. I know.. so you have to choose wisely when you choose your food or restaurant.

I am the first one to tell you that's not always an easy thing and it sometimes depends on where you live as to what is available to eat in your area. I find that sometimes I have to leave my area to get decent food and I live in an area with a whole bunch of restaurants, but most are pretty much the same thing, rice or some cheap starch with low quality meat and very little fresh vegetables.

I try my best to balance what I do... I am far from perfect but I do try to get it right most of the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post Spam links in this comments section they will be deleted.