15.05.15 is the Global Food Revolution Day so save the date to participate in whatever way that you are able to.
This year's theme is FIGHTING FOR FOOD EDUCATION.
Jamie Oliver wants you to sign his Global Petition to get G20 governments to add Food Education to the curriculum of all schools to stop the epidemic of global obesity and teach kids where there food comes from and that they have the power to make a difference in their own lives. They will learn skills for life. Every child deserves that right.
Please SIGN IT and SHARE IT. www.change.org/jamieoliver
Starting April 1st you can start to register to come to my Food Revolution Day FREE Public Event at Hendrix Restaurant Equipment & Supplies in North York. If you register on Eventbrite and bring a copy of your registration to the event on May 16th you can hand it in to us to be entered into a draw to WIN a Jamie Oliver Cookbook and there are also other prizes that will be drawn in store.
I will be doing a Healthy Lunch Demo in Hendrix Equipment's Test Kitchen starting at Noon on May 16th. At 3pm we will be drawing for prizes. I will be making flatbread from scratch, grilled cheese and Mediterranean vegetable sandwiches and a spicy carrot soup.
You can start registering for my event starting April 1st on this page: EVENTBRITE
How you can participate:
1. Attend my event or other Global Events. for the Toronto Area event updates will be posted on our Facebook page. Like Us and get the updates. Facebook Food Revolution Day Toronto
2. Sign the Petition and pass it on.
3. Become an Ambassador. Sign up at www.foodrevolutionday.com
4. Host your own event or have a family dinner or party and cook a meal together.
5. Set up a food education program in your community.
Take a Selfie of yourself like this and post it to your social media to get other people to sign the Petition at change.org/jamieoliver
Tag it #Foodrevolutionday and #foodrevToronto if you are in Toronto.