Saturday, May 14, 2016

Mascot Brewery opens 3 level bar restaurant


Mascot Brewery
31 Mercer Street, Toronto
T 416-979-0131
info@mascotbrewry.com
FB, IG, Twitter +Mascot Brewery 


Media Preview
May 13, 2016




A new 3 level restaurant and bar opens up in the Entertainment District in downtown Toronto on Mercer Street.  The main level is a classic bar/restaurant with booths and high top tables and the bar in the centre.  The second level is a club I believe but it wasn't opened and didn't look ready yet.
The third level is a rooftop patio that I am sure will annoy the condo dwellers that surround it as it was already packed and it just opened.

The concept by owner Aaron Prothro and Chef Rory McGouran, who is classically trained is to have tapas style bites.  Smaller portions of dishes that won't break the bank.

I sampled their fantastic Burger which was served medium with a Brioche Bun.  

I also tried the Bone Marrow Applewood smoked cheddar Mac and Cheese and really liked the flavour of it.  I had a tiny sample of it but enjoyed it.

I could smell their fries while on the rooftop patio but didn't try them.  The menu seems to be a bit all over the place with a Tuna Ceviche, Schnitzel, Mole chicken and oysters.  I would like to go back and try a few things from their menu to see what they are like but I can tell you that the sliders that I tasted were fantastic.

It is named Mascot Brewery because they have 2 house beers that are made in partnership with Parkdale's Duggan Brewery.  They serve German Pilsner and German Hefeweizen.

I think it will be a popular hangout for the 30 something set that live in the condos in the area.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post Spam links in this comments section they will be deleted.