Thursday, December 28, 2017

60 Female chefs serve up great eats at Eat to the Beat 2017











EAT TO THE BEAT GALA 2017
Date:  October 17, 2017
Location:  Roy Thompson Hall
Why:  Fundraising Gala for the Canadian Foundation for Breast Cancer
Social:  Twitter @EattotheBeat_TO


Well I am super late in posting this and wanted to get to it right after the event but events and life seem to happen all at once so I finally have time to write about the event.

I have been to Eat to the Beat a number of times and have written about it in previous posts but I always like to show what each event looks like because the food and some of the vendors change each year but there are also regulars who just change their menus.

Some of the ones that have been vendors at the event a number of years include the Cake Lady, Aphrodite Cooks,  Emily Richards,  Pai/Kiin and so many more.

I think one of my favourite savoury dishes was for sure Kiin's mixed rice dish.  I picked one up early because I knew there would be a lineup for it.

The desserts were unbelievably beautiful and I wish I had the stomach to try them all but by the time I hit the desserts I could only try a few of them.   With 60 Female Chefs you can imagine there would be a whole lot of food to try.  Most had 1 dish but there were a couple with 2 different things.  That's a lot of food and desserts to eat.  I think maybe I average about 2/3rd's of the vendors but I think my friends probably try half of them.  I don't know where they put it.

I always like to go to this event because it's a lot of fun and with almost all of the Chefs being female it's really like a great community event and loads of fun to see the Breast Cancer survivors all dressed up in special corsets.   There is live entertainiment and a silent auction that has some fantastic things that I wish I could afford to bid on myself.  All this fun and it raises money for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation so it's great for everyone.






     
           

I can't possibly pick only a few favourites but let me just say that I lean towards the Tuna tartare's and the Scallops were amazing too and of course I gravitate towards all the chocolate desserts but the Lemon meringue pop blew me away.  You can see that below.

I won't repeat the vendors in this post but they are all listed in my previous post about this event.  You can read about it here: Eat to the Beat



Even though I am late posting this I wanted to get it out to show you all the fantastic food and hope that you pick up a ticket for next years event and you will probably see me running around and stuffing my face and taking lots of photos to make you drool.

Hope to see you there next year.   For more info see their website listed at the top of the page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post Spam links in this comments section they will be deleted.